Power distribution company, Ikeja Electric Plc, has launched a whistle-blowing platform to enable customers to reveal or report illegal and unethical activities in a safe, confidential and secure manner for immediate attention.
The platform, which is independently managed by Deloitte, a leading professional service firm in Nigeria, allows customers report anonymously by making using of multiple channels; a toll free hotline; an email platform; a web-based service and a mobile app available on ios and Android.
Speaking on the initiative, spokesman for Ikeja Disco, Felix Ofulue, explained that the new platform is one of the many measures put in place to encourage a culture of transparency and accountability.
With the introduction of the platform, customers can now confidentially report matters bothering on fraud, bribery, extortion; energy theft through illegal connections, vandalism and all actions detrimental to the society.
The whistle-blowing channels are accessible 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, so now, you can report all illegal and unethical activities in a safe, confidential, secure and anonymous manner.
What Can You Report?
- Financial malpractice such as fraud, bribery, extortion and theft;
- Failure to comply with legal obligations, and regulatory directives;
- Actions detrimental to the health and safety of employees and/or the society;
- Breaches of Company Codes of Ethics and Professional Conduct, policies and procedures;
- Abuse of office and/or responsibility in connection with unauthorized activity for personal gain;
- Non-disclosure of conflict of interest;
- Sexual or physical abuse of any employee, customer, and other relevant stakeholders;
- All forms of energy theft, meter bypass, shunting, illegal and unregistered connections to the Company’s distribution network and damage of Company’s infrastructure/equipment;
- Report anyone who fails to report any of the above listed acts despite knowing.
To Make a Report in English, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba or French:
- Call the toll-free hotline 0800TIPOFFS (0800 847 6337)
- Send an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download Deloitte Tip-offs Anonymous Mobile App from Google Play Store or iTunes Store
…Or simply click HERE to submit a report online.
- Please don’t log customer service-related complaints here
- Do not log emergencies here. contact your local Police/Fire Teams
- Avoid reporting false/malicious claims.
Deloitte will not log or identify callers and their telephone numbers, or generate internal connection logs of computer IP addresses