Turkish Airlines has completed the year 2017 with a great success. The number of passengers in 2017 compared to the previous year was increased of 9.3 percent and the flag carrier carried 68.6 million passengers. Compared to the previous year the load factor reached 79.1% by increasing 4.7 points.
The flag carrier has reached highest December load factor rate of 79.5% in the last month of 2017 in its history.
Chairman of the Board and the Executive Committee of Turkish Airlines Mr. M. İlker Aycı had given the first signal of the global carrier’s proven a success at the end of 2017, in January 2017 and Mr İlker Aycı had stated that; ‘‘ We believe that the 2017 year will be much better year than 2016. We made our plans and savings accordingly. We are analyzing the conditions of our home country, our region, our industry, the developments and trends in aviation and tourism sector.
“I believe that we will complete 2017 successfully and Turkish Airlines will complete the year with increased power, brand value, and market share once again’’.
Announced by Turkish Airlines:
Evaluation of December 2017 Traffic Results:
- Total Load Factor improved by 5.1 points to 79.7% with an increase of 8.9% in Available Seat Kilometer, while international LF increased by 5 points to 79.2%. Domestic and International flights have reached the highest LF in Turkish Airlines history.
- Double-digit growth in demand (revenue per kilometer) that commenced in July, kept on with 16.3% demand growth.
- The total number of passengers carried went up by 21.4% reaching 5.5 million passengers. Compared to December 2015, a number of passengers carried and demand increased by 17%.
- Excluding international-to-international transfer passengers (transit passengers), the number of international passengers went up by 39%.
- In December, cargo/mail volume increased by 18.4%, compared to December 2016. Main contributors to the growth in cargo/mail volume, are the Middle East with 28.7% increase and Europe with 24% increase.
- In December, Load Factor increased for all regions. Middle East, North America, and Africa showed visible growth among other regions with 7,1 points, 6.8 points and 5.6 points increase, respectively.
Evaluation of January-December 2017 Traffic Results:
- During January-December, increase in demand and a total number of passengers was 7.9% and 9.3%, respectively, over the same period of last year. The total number of passengers reached 68.6 million.
- During January-December, total Load Factor improved by 4.7 points up to 79.1%, while international Load Factor increased by 5 points, up to 78.4%.
About Turkish Airlines:
Established in 1933 with a fleet of five aircraft, Star Alliance member Turkish Airlines is a 4-star airline today with a fleet of 331 (passenger and cargo) aircraft flying to 300 worldwide destinations as 251 international and 49 domestic, in 120 countries. According to the 2017 Skytrax survey, Turkish Airlines, already having a six consecutive years of “Best Airline in Europe” award between 2011-2016, now chosen as the “Best Airline in Southern Europe” for the ninth consecutive times. Having won the “Best Economy Class Onboard Catering” award in 2010, Turkish Airlines also awarded the World’s “Best Business Class Onboard Catering” in 2013, 2014 and 2016, and 2017. Winning the “World’s Best Business Class Lounge” award in 2015 and 2017, the global carrier also picked up the World’s “Best Business Class Lounge Dining” award for the third consecutive years according to this year’s survey results. More information about Turkish Airlines can be found on its official website www.turkishairlines.com or its social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin, and Instagram.