New vehicle architecture and driver assistance features help make luxury compact SUV one of the safest on the road today…
- Leading the way: New Range Rover Evoque delivers five-star Euro NCAP safety alongside greater refinement and capability
- Top marks: Luxury compact SUV scores 94 per cent for adult occupant protection and 87 per cent for child occupants in toughest test programme to date
- Safety as standard: Land Rover’s new strong and stiff Premium Transverse Architecture ensures Evoque meets stringent safety standards
- In the family: Evoque score adds to Land Rover’s most recent five-star SUVs –Range Rover Velar and New Discovery
- New Range Rover Evoque is available to order now, priced from £31,600 OTR in the UK, and can be configured at www.landrover.co.uk
The new Range Rover Evoque has been awarded a maximum five-star Euro NCAP safety rating, confirming its status as one of the most refined, capable and safe luxury compact SUVs on the market.
Not only did the luxury compact SUV score 94 per cent for adult occupant safety – the highest score of any Jaguar or Land Rover product to date – but for those with younger passengers in the back, it also received 87 per cent for child occupant safety. It means the Evoque is the latest Land Rover to be awarded a five-star safety rating by Euro NCAP, following the most recent Range Rover Velar and Land Rover Discovery SUV.
Built on Land Rover’s new Premium Transverse Architecture to ensure maximum occupant safety, the new Range Rover Evoque comes with the latest advanced driver assistance features, including Emergency Braking; Lane Keep Assist; Front and Rear Parking Aids; and a Rear Camera as standard, to help avoid road traffic accidents.
The suite of advanced technologies on the new Range Rover Evoque includes Land Rover’s ClearSight Rear View Mirror. Transforming into an HD video screen at the flick of a switch, it offers a wider 50-degree field of vision and superior low light visibility by displaying a rear-facing camera feed from the top of the car. It is ideal when carrying passengers in the second row or bulky items in the rear loadspace obscure the view behind.
ClearSight Ground View technology is also available, effectively making the bonnet invisible by projecting camera imagery onto the upper touchscreen to show the driver a 180-degree view under the front of the vehicle. This is useful when negotiating difficult parking spaces, navigating high city centre kerbs or tackling rough terrain.