AfterÂ celebrating itsÂ momentous centenary yearÂ in 2019,Â British Airways is nowÂ looking toÂ 2020, with 20 New Year resolutions that are every bit as exciting as the achievements of 2019.
- New destinations â the airline has already announcedÂ nineÂ new routes for 2020 including the Kosovan and Montenegrin capitals Pristina and Podgorica, Perugia in Italy,Â Antalya,Â DalamanÂ and BodrumÂ in Turkey,Â San SebastiÃ¡n in Spain,Â Rhodes in Greece and Portland, Oregon, and itâs promising even more new destinations for customers toÂ come.
- New aircraft â the airline is due to take delivery of more than 20 new aircraft in 2020, including 787-10s and A350s which are up to 40% more fuel-efficient than the aircraft they replace.
- Club Suite –Â more aircraft will be flying with the airlineâs newÂ business class seat,Â Club Suite,Â whichÂ offersÂ privacyÂ
viaÂ a suite door,Â 40%Â more storage space and a 1-2-1 layout with direct aisle access for all passengers.
- Caring for the environment â from January British Airways will be offsetting all its domestic flights, customers travelling further afield can offset their individual emissions. The airlineÂ will be makingÂ additionalÂ
announcements about sustainability throughout the year.
- First âÂ customers can expect to see more aircraft fitted with the airlineâs newest First seat, currently available on its 787-9 aircraft.
- WorldÂ TravellerÂ comfort âÂ in addition to enhancements made in 2019,Â customers travelling in the airlineâs economy cabin will experience refreshed bedding.
- Designed byÂ Savile Row tailoring expertÂ OzwaldÂ Boateng OBE, new uniformsÂ for a new decade will be revealed.
- Food for thought – the airline is introducing new menus across its network thanks to new partnerships withÂ gourmet caterersÂ Do&CoÂ at Heathrow andÂ NewrestÂ at Gatwick.
- Lounge luxury â the airlineâs lounges at Heathrow, Edinburgh and Berlin will be refreshed to ensure customers have relaxed ahead of their flights. The Elemis Spa at JFK will also be re-designed and re-launched.
- ConnectivityÂ –Â theÂ majority ofÂ eligible aircraftÂ will beÂ WiFiÂ ready by the end of 2020.
- BA.com – expect a newly re-designed Manage My Booking experienceÂ enabling customersÂ to navigate toÂ information and services in a more intuitive way.
- AppyÂ days â customers using the British Airwaysâ app will benefit from a slicker design andÂ additionalÂ functionality improving the experience as they make and manage their bookings.
- Robots â British Airways isÂ triallingÂ new autonomous wayfaring robots at Heathrow to help customers navigate through the airport.
- 3D printing â the airlineâs tech experts will continue their trial of printing non-essential aircraft parts like tray tables, to ensure flights are able to depart on time and without seats going out of service.
- Concorde â British Airways Premier Card and Gold Guest List Executive Club members will be looked after by new Concorde teams when they travel through Los Angeles, New York JFK, London Heathrow, Delhi, Los Angeles and Mumbai.
- Customer service training â thousands of British Airwaysâ airport hosts worldwide will receive additional training to provide a service that goes above and beyond expectations.
- Executive Club â the airline has committed to making continuous improvements to the Executive Club with new partners and exciting deals throughout the year
- Flying Start – British Airways celebrates the 10-year anniversary of its Flying Start charity which has so far raised more than Â£24m+ for good causesÂ in the UK and overseas.
- Internships â fromÂ summer,Â British Airways will become the first UK airline to offer paid summer internships to future aviators.
- Documentary â customers will have the chance to watch the 2019 documentary about British Airways, British Airways Access All Areas, 24/7 onboard long-haul flights.