The All Share Index (ASI) declined by 27 bps closing at 28,337.49 while market capitalization shed N40.68bn to close at 14.81 trillion amidst extended profit-taking and business disruptions brought by ‘ENDSARS’ Protest.
Sector performance was bearish with 4 out of the five sectors closing in the negative territory. Insurance and industrial indices waned by 1.78% and 0.54% respectively on due to selloffs MANSARD AND BUACEMENT.
Similarly, Consumer Goods and Banking indices declined by 0.91% and 0.06% on the back of negative sentiment in the shares of flourmill and GUARANTY. Oil and gas index however advanced by 1.36% as investors scramble for ETERNA and SEPLAT stocks.
- Nigerian bourse extends bearish trend amid nationwide protest
- Bond Market traded bullish on mid to long term maturities
- Stocks advance amid a mega-cap rally in the US
- Oil Slides Below $40 With Supply Disruptions Subsiding
- Naira depreciated against USD in the parallel but maintained stability in I&E window