The All Share Index (ASI) closed at 28,344.04 while market capitalization lost N151m to close at 14.82 trillion with a slight increase in volume and value of transactions.
Sector performance was bearish as 3 sectors under coverage closed negative. Banking, insurance and oil and gas indices declined by 0.74%, 0.45% and 0.29% as a result of loss in the shares of GUARANTY (-1.67%) and (AIICO (-3.70%). Conversely, Consumer Goods and Industrial indices advanced by 0.40% and 0.30% on the back of bargain hunting in GUINNESS (+3.23%) and WAPCO (+5.00%).
Bond market continued on a positive note as average yield compressed across different maturities. The yield on mid and long-dated maturities declined by 0.12% and 0.17% respectively.
- Equities market closed flat for 3 consecutive trading session
- Headline Inflation Ticked up by 49 bps to 13.71% in September
- Bonds market traded on a positive note across short and long-dated maturities
- Stocks drop in the global market with virus spikes threatening growth
- Naira gains in the I&E window with stability in the parallel market