Equities market opens the week on a positive note with sustained low fixed income yields. Notably, The All Share Index (ASI) advanced by 174bps to 37,443.40 with market capitalization also gaining N333,797bn to settle at N19.57tn. Consequently, the Year to Date (YtD) performance improves to 39.50%.
Performance across sectors was significantly bullish as 3 out of the 5 sectors under our coverage closed positive. Industrial, Oil & gas and insurance indices advanced by 5.46%, 0.76% and 5.16% following an impressive performance in DANGCEM (+9.98%), OANDO (+9.87%) and MANSARD (+9.78%).
However, Banking and consumer goods indices waned by 1.05% and 0.14% as a result of negative sentiment in ACCESS(-1.17%) and INTBREW(-2.71%)
Investors’ sentiment measured by market breadth was flat as 23 stocks advanced while only 23 stocks declined to indicate a 1.00x market breadth. This was followed by a 0.17% increase in volume while value declined by 24.14%
The bond market extended bearish mood as yield decline marginally on shorter maturities while those on longer maturities on the rise. Notably, Yield on the FGN-JAN-2022 declined by 0.36% to close at 1.31 while Yield on FGN-JUL-2030 remains closed at 6.42% from the earlier 6.31%.
- Equities Market Opens The Week on a Positive Note…ASI up by 1.74%
- The bond market extended on a quiet note…yield compressed on shorter maturities
- U.S. Stocks Drop on Virus Angst
- Oil Slides With New Virus Strain Raising Lockdown Risks
- Naira stable against the USD in the Parallel market to close at N477/$