British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldMedia / Advertising / Branding
Job number: 17666BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for an External Affairs Manager to join our team in Abuja.
The role holder will have:
- To contribute to sustainability at an end market level by shaping the business environment through the planning and execution of campaigns designed to deliver the preferred regulatory future as defined by the Area.
- To ensure that BAT Nigeria maintains a seat at the table with key government stakeholders and takes a leading role as appropriate within the industry as well as amongst key allies on tobacco control issues such as regulations, fiscal policies, trade -related issues and illicit trade.
- To contribute to the achievement of business objectives by ensuring balanced regulatory policies and identifying opportunities to support the business agenda in Nigeria.
- Work with the Head of Government Affairs to ensure that regulation (including tobacco regulations, fiscal policies, trade related issues and illicit trade]) is a core part of the development of our business strategy and business planning fully reflects the reality of the tobacco control environment, thereby providing the basis for future business sustainability.
- Support the Head of Government Affairs in ensuring that there is a clear, actionable view of the regulatory future, highlighting priority issues, as an outcome of the markets business planning process.
- Develop and execute regulatory campaign plans, to achieve desired regulatory outcomes and financial impact mitigation for immediate issues. This may include activities designed to balance public debate where appropriate.
- Prepare all reports in view of regulatory engagements and the Area reporting cycle.
- Drive stakeholder-mapping process for Nigeria and stakeholder engagement on key regulatory issues such as, Tobacco Regulations, Fiscal Policies, trade related issues and illicit trade.
- Deploy all Area regulatory strategies regarding tobacco regulations, excise, illicit trade and trade-related issues.
- Deploy effective early warning system in Nigeria – that is, effective monitoring of the regulatory environment in Nigeria and the ECOWAS Trade Bloc.
- Provide support to BAT Nigeria on regulatory issues, ensuring and coordinating the involvement of expertise from other functions within the company.
- Play an active role in ensuring that all company activities comply with relevant standards and regulations; to challenge non-compliance where appropriate and to ensure that legal consultation occurs as necessary
- Build and maintain effective relationships and networks with stakeholders influencing the regulatory environment to create a dialogue platform where the company can effectively communicate its views on tobacco control.
- Collaborate with other functions within LEX such as, Corporate Affairs, Regulations and Litigation to ensure regulatory issues are properly addressed.
- Work effectively as part of the wider Area network of External Affairs Managers, constantly raising issues to the zone to ensure alignment and leveraging above-market resources to maximise quality of approach.
- Ensure that the Head of Government Affairs is informed always of regulatory developments that may impact on business results.
- Manage cooperation with key industry associations, ensuring effective action on issues of mutual interest.
- Provide support to other functions and the business on all regulation issues.
- Coordinate External Affairs activities in Nigeria in collaboration with other functions.
- Educated to Degree level
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in either marketing management (including brand campaign development and execution), CORA/Legal (with a government/regulatory aspect) or political affairs
- Excellent communication skills – a credible advocate of BAT interests
- Thorough understanding of the business including the wider industry
- Aptitude for engaging credibly across functions internally and building networks/relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- In depth and up to date knowledge of local political and policy-making processes
- Ability to apply project management principles to campaign execution
- Management/leadership skills – motivating others to act
- Ability to think strategically and tactically around regulatory issues
- Cross functional appreciation of the business – Marketing, Operations, Finance and Legal and External Affairs
- Understanding of the tobacco industry and its political, social and economic environment
- Active interest in business, tobacco and tobacco control issues, aptitude for absorbing information and intuitive application to the debate
- Appreciation/understanding of political affairs – e.g., policy making processes and government procedures
- Ability to empathise with stakeholders & use insights to formulate campaign approach
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Oyo
- Job Field: Logistics
Job number: 17221BR
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Transport Service Centre Manager to join our team in Ibadan.
- To develop and manage the implementation of physical Logistics strategies across the area. In doing so, take full Management accountability for Logistics related activities (both Financial and Service) and provide direction to ensure responsiveness to market changes, secure market supply, ensure achievement of optimal utilisation of resources and meet performance targets.
- To implement policies, procedures and guidelines in line with the Regional Strategic objectives and business focus, culminating in effective management of the key processes in the Integrated Logistics functions within BATWAA.
- The role holder will ensure that logistics business objectives are achieved and provided to the customers and the factory using the right logistics capabilities. This will include the management of strategic outsource partners such as BAT’s Warehouse partners across West Africa, 3PL Suppliers in Cameroon & Ghana, Distributor in Nigeria via Secondary supply chain. Managing Spare parts vendors via flawless execution of planning and inventory management.
- Responsible for the execution of Logistics and will focus on the Primary network i.e. BATWAA Operations, but the role will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to link the primary and secondary logistics networks in Nigeria, Ghana & Cameroon.
- Drive the implementation of the regional logistics strategy within BATWAA and share best practice across both the regional logistics community.
- To be accountable for and manage all Logistics Services in BAT Ghana, BAT Cameroon & Factory Logistics in Nigeria.
- To provide tactical direction to the logistics services providers in Ghana & Cameroon to enable the delivery of significant savings in transport spend
- To drive and key change and integration initiatives in logistics to deliver integrated and cost effective logistics solutions across and within the BATWAA transport network.
- To contribute to the development of the end-to-end supply chain strategy for logistics in BATWAA by driving logistics integration of suppliers, contracts, performance and processes.
- To support a balanced score card approach to performance measurement with standardised supplier metrics such as OTIF (on time in full, transport cost per mille) and appropriate behaviours in BATWAA to obtain unified performance measures and consistent high level of service.
- To fully understand TM&D’s (Secondary supply chain) business requirements and translate this into required logistics capabilities for integration
- To drive compliance to BAT EHS policies and procedures in all the Warehouses and Logistics operations
- To embrace a leadership style that enables alignment across the end to end supply chain (operations, commercial / end market, supply, demand, finance, security etc) in BATWAA.
- To build change capability across the local logistics community, the suppliers and logistics by demonstrating awareness, listening and proactive change impact / risk management.
- To drive a culture whereby absolute control of the Logistics process is of paramount importance.
- To lead the engagement with all internal and external bodies in all aspects of Logistics compliance.
- To ensure a culture of trust and partnership/collaboration is always maintained with the relevant 3PLs.
- To provide training, development and coaching of direct report
- To own the executional interface with 3rd party logistics service providers, for all factory logistics activities, in BAT Ghana & Cameroon
- To manage the performance of the Transportation Service Centre working within BATWAA looking into factory logistics, BAT Ghana logistics & BAT Cameroon logistics
- To ensure contractual commitments of the suppliers are delivered and exceeded, managed via clearly defined governance structure (target, performance, support).
- To manage the integrity of the Logistics process and system and compliance aspects with providers of 3rd party Logistics services
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) have been agreed with the relevant business owner.
- Monitor and report performance of the suppliers and use the information for benchmarking the logistics process against the best and other OPCO’s to improve performance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in logistics at a Senior Management level in FMCG industry (preferable)
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of French language
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.