The Freetel Ice 2+ is the product of a partnership between Google and Freetel , a Japanese phone manufacturer. The Freetel Ice 2+ is a continuation of Google’s “Android One” effort to provide low cost Android Phones.
Key Specs :
- Network: 2G / 3G
- Display: 5.5 inches, IPS LCD Touchscreen display — (720 x 1280 px)
- Software: Android v7.0 (Nougat)
- Processor: 1.2GHz Quad-core CPU
- Memory: 1GB RAM | 8GB ROM
- Cameras: Front — 2MP | Rear — 5MP (with flash)
- Battery: 2800 mAh
Design & Display
Although it is a mix of low-end and budget, the Freetel Ice 2 comes with a design language spoken by mid-range smartphones and higher-specced devices. It has a plastic build, but is designed in such a way that you’d be unsure of what it is made of when looking at it from afar.
The Freetel Ice 2 comes with a 5.5-inch display which is rather large for a budget device. It has an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution with a 267 ppi pixel density, and its display is covered with 2.5D curved glass, yet another unusual feature in a low-end smartphone. The device is 9 millimetres thick.
Memory & Performance
Under the hood, the Google Freetel Ice 2 is powered by a MediaTek MT6580 processor with four Cortex-A53 processing cores (quad-core) and a clock speed of 1.2GHz. Its graphics operations are carried out by an ARM Mali 400 GPU.
The processor has 1GB of RAM space to carry out its operations, offering basic multi-tasking functions. This RAM size is quite low and the phone can be used on at most two applications at a time if you want to avoid lags and crashes.
The user has 8GB of default internal memory to store multimedia files and install applications. A significant part of the ROM is already filled up with system applications and files, and it might not be sufficient for the user’s storage needs, in the event of which you can slot in a microSD card with a size of up to 32GB into its external microSD card slot to expand the default internal storage capacity.
Much should not be expected from a budget device in this department, and the Freetel Ice 2 keeps it low with a basic 5MP camera with autofocus and LED flash at the rear.
It also offers you the luxury of making video calls and taking basic selfies with a 2MP camera placed on the top of the front bezel.
Battery, Connectivity & Software
You will be able to use the smartphone for at least half a day before a recharge is needed, thanks to its 2800mAh Li-ion battery. The smartphone has dual SIM slots, but unfortunately, it lacks 4G LTE support which seems to be a deal-breaker for most smartphone users today. It’s a budget smartphone with other amazing specs at a low price, so I can’t say this is bad, either.
The smartphone runs on a stock flavour of version 7.0 (Nougat) of the Android operating system out of the box, and offers connectivity options like NFC, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS.
Freetel Ice 2+ Specifications
The Freetel Ice 2+ Specs :
- Announced: November 2016
- Available: Yes.
- SIM: Dual SIM.
- Platform: Android Operating System (Android 7.0 Nougat)
- Price Range: ₵ 395 / N30,000.
- Fingerprint: No.
- Technology: GSM / HSDPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Bands: No.
BODY & DISPLAY:
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.5 inches.
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 px
- Protection: 2.5D curved glass.
- Dimension: 155 * 79 * 9 mm.
- Weight: –
- Colours: White & Black.
- Chipset: MediaTek processor.
- CPU: 1.2GHz Quad-core.
- GPU: Mali 400.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: v2.0.
- NFC: Yes.
- RAM: 1GB.
- Internal Storage: 8GB
- External Storage: Yes, microSD, up to 32GB.
- Rear Camera: 5MP lens.
- Rear Flash: Yes, LED Flash.
- Features: Autofocus.
- Front Camera: 2MP lens.
- Front Flash: No.
- Features: –
- Capacity: 2800mAh.
- Type: Built-in Li-Ion battery
- Features: –
- Sensors: Light sensor, Proximity sensor & Accelerometer (gravity sensor).
- – MP4/DivX/XviD/H.265 player
– MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
– Photo/video editor
– Document editor
Freetel Ice 2+ Price In Nigeria
The Freetel Ice 2 comes in white and black colours and is available in Nigeria for around #28,000.