The following guidelines, as informed by the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), are relevant for the importation of e-cigarettes into Nigeria.
Importers of e-cigarettes into Nigeria should be aware of the following requirements, as defined by SON:
- E-cigarette importers shall register with SON and obtain a SON approval letter before proceeding with the SONCAP certification process.
- Only e-cigarettes with Zero Nicotine are allowed to be registered and processed by SONCAP at the present time.
- E-cigarettes with zero nicotine must not contain Propylene Glycol.
- All e-cigarette imports must first be registered with SON before being processed to obtain the SONCAP Certificate.
- A letter of responsibility/commitment for any health-related side effect observed as a result of the use of the product must be written by e-cigarette manufacturers before clauses 1-3 are allowed.
For further information, please contact SON at:
SON Building, Plot 13/14 Victoria Arobieke St.
Off Admiralty Way, Lekki Phase 1.
Lekki, Lagos State,
Or visit http://www.son.gov.ng/.