“The all-new Venue might be small in size, but it’s big on practicality and personality,” said Mike O’Brien, vice president of Product, Corporate and Digital Planning, Hyundai Motor America. “Its bold and unique character sets it apart from other SUVs on the market, offering a unique, entry-level vehicle for those consumers seeking savvy design with an abundance of standard safety, technology and connectivity features.”
- Bold, modern design elements with optional two-tone extroverted colour options for roof, mirrors and trim
- Smartstream Gamma 1.6-liter engine with the 6-speed manual or Smartstream IVT (Intelligent Variable Transmission)
- Venue empowers the urban entrepreneur lifestyle many consumers experiences in today’s fast-paced environment
- 8-inch colour screen audio system with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Premium Technology Availability
- 8-inch Navigation System
- Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System & Next-generation Blue Link® Connected Car System
- Dual Charging USB (USB fast charging and USB 2.0 data reading)
- Rear View Monitor
- Heated Front Seats and Side Mirrors
- Drive modes include snow mode for FWD driving performance
- Advanced Safety Technologies
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
- Rear Cross-Traffic Warning (RCCW)
Venue: The SUV Style Maven
Venue conveys a fun, yet functional design in a versatile and modern compact package. For those constantly on-the-go, Venue offers adaptability to the urban entrepreneur lifestyle many consumers experience in today’s fast-paced environment. From everyday workplace activities to weekend fun, Venue is a great fit in accommodating busy lifestyles with an abundance of playful and practical features including seamless safety, versatility and connectivity.
The design of the new Venue exhibits small but confident body forms, delivering a new interpretation of Hyundai’s signature design language. The vehicle side profile showcases a solid and full volume wheel arch and strong character line, while the front cascading grille includes the new Hyundai signature face that’s found on both Kona and NEXO, including composite LED lights and cube shape headlamps. This unique character line continues through the tail lamps. Venue is available with striking 17-inch alloy wheels along with the 15-inch standard wheels.
“The Hyundai SUV lineup can be compared with the pieces on a chess board,” said SangYup Lee, executive vice president of design, Hyundai Motor Group. “Our new Palisade is the King, but we are missing the smaller piece. And that’s where Venue comes in. It may be small, but its unique and bold design sets it apart from the rest of the pack,” he explained. “We can see the Hyundai look in Venue but there is a unique quality that will appeal to individual customer’s tastes and preferences in a way that sets it apart from the other SUVs in our lineup.”
Advanced Safety Technologies
Venue offers a suite of advanced safety technologies evoking a strong sense of protection in an entry level vehicle.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) uses the car’s front-facing camera to help detect an imminent collision and avoid impact or minimize damage by braking
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) helps prevent accidental lane departure by sensing road markings automatically steering the car if necessary.
- Blind-Spot Collision Warning (BCW) helps detect approaching vehicles that may be obscured from view during highway
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) system monitors a spectrum of driver-related characteristics to help detect driver fatigue or careless
- Rear Collision Cross-Traffic Warning (RCCW) helps detect when a vehicle may have entered a car’s rearward path providing a driver
- Drive Modes includes a snow mode for improved FWD road
Each of these advanced systems provides a relaxing experience during urban driving adventures.
Advanced Connectivity and Multimedia Systems
Venue introduces advanced technologies that enhance driver confidence and convenience ahead of the competition. Venue’s advanced infotainment system features an 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system and rearview monitor. The 8-inch display includes both Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ for intuitive operation of the most commonly used smartphone functions, including app-based navigation, streaming audio and voice-controlled search capabilities. For those that opt for navigation, free Real-Time Traffic is provided by HERE and free map updates are included via Hyundai MapCare for 3 years.
For the ultimate level of convenience when it comes to remote-starting a car on a bitterly cold winter morning, Hyundai has its Blue Link® integrations with Amazon Alexa™ and Google Assistant™. These integrations work by a customer simply asking an Alexa or Google Assistant–enabled device, like an Amazon Echo™ or Google Home™, to start their car. Voice commands will be sent to Hyundai vehicles only after Alexa or Google Home prompts owners for their Blue Link Personal Identification Number (PIN). Additionally, Hyundai has enhanced the Remote Start with Climate Control feature to include control of the rear defroster and heated side mirrors (if equipped) into the Blue Link mobile app and the all-new MyHyundai.com.
Fuel economy is an important consideration for customers who purchase an entry-level vehicle. Venue won’t disappoint thanks to Hyundai’s Smartstream Gamma 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine. The Dual-Port Fuel Injection (DPFI) engine is paired with either a six-speed manual transmission or Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT) automatic. Based on internal estimates, Venue is estimated to deliver up to 33 miles per gallon (City/Highway combined).
Numerous design changes were made to the Smartstream Gamma 1.6 engine to realize fuel economy improvements while maintaining power and torque. To improve fuel economy, Venue incorporates a number of design changes including:
- High Tumble Combustion System by optimizing the port and valve shapes
- Maximized Thermal Efficiency by reducing the surface-to-volume ratio
- Cooling System Optimization incorporating a cross-flow configuration and narrow water jacket core to speed up cabin warming
- Dual Port Fuel Injection with improved injectors and optimized spray targeting with a sophisticated injection strategy
- Integrated Thermal Management System (ITMS) featuring a 2-way rotary control valve, distributing engine coolant to the radiator, transmission warmer and heater core module along with a 6-phase control strategy to prioritize coolant and heat flow for passenger comfort in cold weather and temperature management in hot weather
- High Ignition Energy EGR system with an external EGR cooler to expand the EGR-operated region for improved fuel economy
Hyundai’s first and internally developed proprietary IVT offers a shift control strategy which enhances shift response through a continuous range of effective gear ratios. The ability to match a gear ratio with engine operating conditions provides a number of benefits including the smooth transition of engine operating speeds and improved fuel efficiency.
The SUV’s appealing interior space and comfortable cabin provide adequate space for the versatile urban commuter. Venue comes standard with a 60/40 split flat folding backseat to maximize utility for those trips to the farmer’s market or transporting musical instruments. With Venue’s SUV styling cues and utility, it is the ideal alternative to a subcompact car. For reference, the following highlights the size difference between its larger sibling, Kona.