Nigeria’s foremost non-interest (Islamic) financial institution, JAIZ Bank has introduced a Green account aimed at converting waste to wealth and also, promoting a culture of waste recycling.
About the Jaiz Green account
- The Jaiz Green Account helps convert waste to wealth.
- It is aimed at promoting a culture of waste recycling.
- Its management believes everyone should be involved in making a positive impact on the environment which would help in driving the bank’s sustainable banking goals.
- Jaiz Bank is in partnership with Chanja Datti Ltd (an environmental cleaning company), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and Abuja Environmental Protection Board (AEPB) who operated “Trash to Cash Recycling Hubs Project’’ in the centres. Chanja Datti Ltd. established five recyclable waste collection centres in Abuja to promote youth empowerment and environmental cleanliness.
How to get started?
1. Open a Jaiz Green Account. You can open an account by visiting any of the bank’s branches or while using the online account opening portal https://jaibankplc.com/accountopening
2. Submit waste items for recycling at recycling locations
3. Earn points on waste submitted
4. Points are saved in your Green Wallet
5. Green Wallet points converted to cash in your Green Account
Only available in Abuja