Nestlé Joined Forces With Regional Partners To Launch ‘Alliance For YOUth’ In Sub-Saharan Africa

Must Read

How To Block Your Bank Account And SIM Card In Case Of Emergency

Losing your phone and wallet or having them stolen can be very frustrating. However, in case that happens to...

List of Access Bank Sort Codes & Branches (with addresses) in Nigeria

The sort code is a number which usually identifies both the bank and the branch where an account is...

List of Guaranty Trust Bank Sort Codes & Branches (with addresses) in Nigeria

The sort code is a number that usually identifies both the bank and the branch where an account is...
- Advertisement -

Today, Nestlé and its regional partners have announced the launch of the ‘Regional Alliance for YOUth’ in sub-Saharan Africa. This joint effort is part of the company’s business-driven movement ‘Alliance for YOUth’ with a focus on creating and implementing employability programs, mentorship and training designed to equip young people with essential workplace skills.

This launch comes at a time when young people face significant challenges. Today’s youth is the largest the world has ever seen. According to the United Nations, young people aged 15-24 account for one out of every six people globally, with 20% of the total youth population living in Africa alone. This demographic trend goes along with increased unemployment rate among youth. In sub-Saharan Africa, it reached nearly 30% in 2016, as a report by the International Labour Organization shows. Without concerted action, it is expected that nearly 50% of youth in the region will be unemployed by 2025.

The ‘Regional Alliance for YOUth’ was formally introduced in Côte d’Ivoire today. It will also be launched in Angola and South Africa on October 31st and November 4th respectively. The initial ‘Alliance for YOUth’ was founded by Nestlé in Europe in 2014 and ever since rolled out over several geographical regions.

- Advertisement -
Nestlé Joined Forces With Regional Partners To Launch 'Alliance For YOUth' In Sub-Saharan Africa - Brand SpurNestlé Joined Forces With Regional Partners To Launch 'Alliance For YOUth' In Sub-Saharan Africa - Brand Spur

Subscribe to BrandSpur Ng

Subscribe for latest updates. Signup to best of brands and business news, informed analysis and opinions among others that can propel you, your business or brand to greater heights.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here
Read Also:  Solving Nigeria’s Tax Problem Could Unleash Its Potential

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nestlé Joined Forces With Regional Partners To Launch 'Alliance For YOUth' In Sub-Saharan Africa - Brand SpurNestlé Joined Forces With Regional Partners To Launch 'Alliance For YOUth' In Sub-Saharan Africa - Brand Spur

Latest News

New F5 Research Reveals 75 Percent of Asia Pacific Consumers Do Not Feel Responsible for Their Own Data Security

F5’s latest Curve of Convenience 2020 report shows that application users in Asia Pacific routinely overlook high-profile breaches in...

Vingroup partners with Medtronic to produce ventilator components

HANOI, VIETNAM - Media OutReach - August 13, 2020 - On August 12, 2020, VinSmart Research and Production Joint Stock Company (a subsidiary of Vingroup) officially announced the strategic...

Envision Digital Addresses Consumers’ EV Adoption Pain Points in Germany with New Home Charging Solution, Aims to Spur Electric Mobility Revolution

End-to-end, affordable solution solves private charging infrastructure gap and complements local government schemes to accelerate sustainable living and seven to 10 million EV take-ups...

Infinix to announce Zero 8 soon as its flagship smartphone for 2020

NAIROBI, KENYA and DODOMA, TANZANIA - Media OutReach - 13 August 2020 - Infinix is said to launch Zero 8 soon, which is the latest product of its...

Guinness Nigeria Plc Notifies Of Fire Incident At Its warehouse; Restates Commitment To Prompt Services

On the 13th of August, 2020, there was a fire outbreak at one of Guinness Nigeria Plc's external warehouses on Wempco Road, in the...
- Advertisement -
BrandsPur Weekly Cartoons
- Advertisement -Nestlé Joined Forces With Regional Partners To Launch 'Alliance For YOUth' In Sub-Saharan Africa - Brand SpurNestlé Joined Forces With Regional Partners To Launch 'Alliance For YOUth' In Sub-Saharan Africa - Brand Spur