Over the past three days, there has been an increasing trend of complaints about insecurity in neighbourhoods within Lagos, Ogun and environs. Despite the lockdown, armed robbers have been reported to break into homes to dispossess innocent people of their valuables.
Putting this into consideration, staying safe has gone beyond social distancing by being indoors to taking measures to ensure that we do not fall prey to hoodlums. Here are some tips for you to keep in mind and act on during this period.
- Avoid going out if not on essential duty. Should going out be inevitable, try to keep your movements restricted to daytime.
- Keep vehicle doors locked at all times and avoid parking on the street if possible.
- Be extra vigilant and immediately report unusual happenings around you to security agents.
- Be mindful of social media posts and avoid including clues as to your location.
- Check personally to ensure that all doors/gates are properly locked at night.
- If you live in an estate, don’t sit on the sidelines. Be involved in community efforts to safeguard your neighbourhood and be aware of emergency situation protocols put in place.
Should there be an emergency, here are key police phone numbers to call:
i. Lagos State Police Command Control Numbers
ii. Ogun State Police Command Control Numbers:
Stay home, stay vigilant and stay safe. We will all get through this.