The NPower program was launched a few years ago and became one of the top opportunities for young individuals to begin their careers in the challenging conditions of the Nigerian job market.
The 2020 applications for NPower have just gone live, and here is everything you need to know about applying.
1. NPower 2020 Programs
Over the years, the scope and length of NPower programs have changed several times. Originally, applicants could look forward to at least 2 years of guaranteed employment after successfully going through all selection stages. This year, however, the NPower programs have changed. In 2020, you can apply to one of the following four NPower departments:
- N-Agro, where successful applicants will work as advisers to farmers and researchers of the Nigerian agricultural sector. This program is open to both graduates and non-graduates and is scheduled to last for 6 months.
- N-Teach, where applicants will have a chance to work as teacher assistants in Nigerian primary schools. You need to be a graduate to enrol in this program and its duration is 12 months.
- N-Health, where applicants will work to introduce and strengthen preventive care for vulnerable individuals in communities where preventive care is at its early development stages. This program is only open to graduates and will last 12 months.
- N-Build, Tech, and Creative, a program with the broadest scope of opportunities that will help both graduates and non-graduates improve their skillset for their prospective jobs in the future. The program is scheduled to go on for 6 months.
2. NPower 2020 Requirements
In addition to qualifying as a recent graduate for several programs on the list of NPower opportunities, you also need to follow a few other requirements if you want to try your luck and apply for NPower 2020. Here is the list of requirements you need to fulfil if you want to be considered as an NPower candidate:
- The program is only open to unemployed individuals aged between 18 and 35 at the time of the application, which means you need to be born between 1985 and 2002 to qualify.
- The application is done through BVN to ensure that no one enters the selection process more than once, so make sure you have your valid BVN details at hand.
- You will need a current photograph of your password in a common format in a file that does not exceed the size of 1MB.
- For the programs that are only open to graduates – N-Health and N-Teach – you will need to provide your Degree certificate and NYSC certificate details.
3. How To Apply
Due to the current circumstances surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, the application for the NPower 2020 program is done exclusively through their official website. Please note that applying for the program is absolutely free and if someone is trying to charge you money to apply, it is likely a step. The application process will require you to perform the following steps:
- Visit the official NPower 2020 portal, read and agree to the requirements, and click the sign-up button.
- Enter your email address and select your password. You will then need to confirm your email.
- Enter your BVN number and birthdate. This step is very important, as applicants with incorrect BVN details will be excluded from the program.
- Enter your first, last, and middle name the same way they are written on your BVN details.
- Specify whether you have any education at all, and if yes, what kind of degree and in which field it is. If you are applying to one of the two graduate-only NPower programs, you will be asked to upload your certificates.
- In case you have any prior job experience, you will be able to describe it at the next screen. At this stage, you will also be required to upload a photo of your official ID.
- At the final step of the process, you will have an opportunity to check everything you have entered into the system to make sure it is correct. Submit the information and you will receive the unique identification number that you will need to save somewhere safe. Now all that is left is to wait for the next steps of the selection.