The sagging of breasts is something most women experience sooner or later in their lives. There are dozens of causes for sagging breasts, from weight loss and going through several pregnancies to menopause and even smoking. The most radical way to correct this condition is through cosmetic surgery, but if it’s not an option for you, here are natural methods to make your breasts look fabulous for a long time.
1. How To Prevent Sagging Breasts
In many cases, the speed and severity of breast sagging are determined by genetics, so you can look at your female relatives to assess your chance of maintaining the original shape of your breasts as you grow older. However, there are also several effective ways to slow down the breast sagging process or even stop it completely:
- Plan your pregnancies. There is an outdated myth that breastfeeding causes breasts to sag, but while you can breastfeed multiple children without noticing any changes in the look of your bust, multiple pregnancies back to back can speed up the sagging process.
- Avoid smoking. Obviously, it’s best to never start smoking in the first place, but if you already are a smoker and want to maintain a perky bust, you should quit smoking as soon as possible. Smoking destroys elastin in your tissues, which is responsible for the firmness of your breasts.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Constantly going on and off diets make you change your size rapidly, which has a negative effect on your breasts. Select a weight that is comfortable for you and try to maintain it to prevent your breasts from sagging due to frequent weight loss or weight gain.
- Limit sun exposure. The UV rays from the sun increase the risk of your breast tissue being badly affected by free radicals, which destroy the elastin in the breasts. If you absolutely must go out in the sun, make sure to apply a sunscreen or wear clothes that protect your chest area.
- Wear good underwear. You may think that not wearing a bra at all is the worst thing you can do for your breasts, but the truth is that a bra in the wrong size or with no support is even worse. This is especially true for workouts and running, where you need to ensure proper breast support to prevent sagging.
2. How To Lift Sagging Breasts
If your breasts are already displaying signs of sagging due to various factors, you will need a more effective solution to lift them and slow down the ageing process. Here are a few methods you can try to get rid of sagging breasts naturally:
- Exercising. Breasts themselves don’t have any muscle tissue, which means you cannot lift them or make them firmer with exercise. However, breasts are located on muscle tissue on your chest, and it’s the muscle tissue you can strengthen with regular chest workouts. You can even find specific 15-20 minute workouts for perky breasts online.
- Ice massage. When you need to quickly improve the look of your breasts – for example, if you want to wear a V-neck dress – you can use the ice massage trick to perk up your bust. Simply take one ice cube for each breast and massage them into the skin for 1 to 2 minutes, then dry the skin gently with a paper towel. You can also do this massage regularly for a long-term effect.
- Hydrating. Drinking plenty of water has multiple health benefits for every part of your body, and it’s also very beneficial for your bust. Properly hydrating your body makes your breast tissue more supple and firm, preventing the sagging and making your breasts look perky and full.
Culled From: Jiji Blog