Equities market maintained bullish momentum with performance buoyed by COVID-19 vaccine news. Notably, the All-Share Index (ASI) advanced by 1.25% to 32,243.05 while market capitalization gained
N211.13bn to close at N17.06tn today. Consequently, Year to Date performance improved to +21.63%.
The sectorial performance was majorly bullish as all sectors closed on a positive note. Banking and industrial indices both advanced by 0.98% and 0.22% following gains in the shares of ACCESS(+3.33%) and BUACEMENT(+1.11%).
Similarly, consumer goods, insurance and oil & gas indices advanced by 0.75%, 3.28% and 1.32% on the back of bargain hunting in the shares DANGSUGAR(+7.18%), WAPIC(+9.52%) and OANDO(+9.76%) respectively.
The bond market traded on a quiet note as average yield remained stable across benchmarks. A slight decline was however witnessed across the long end of the curve with yield compressing by 0.01%.
- Equities Market Sustained Winning Streak…Market Capitalization crossed
- The bond market traded on a quiet note with yield stability across benchmarks
- Global Stock Rally Tempers After Vaccine Euphoria
- Oil Rises Above $40 With Vaccine Buoying Hope of Demand Recovery
- Fed Warns Assets Face Big Declines If Virus Goes Unchecked