The Gerety Awards, the only creative prize to reward the best in advertising from the female vision, today reveals the global shortlist and the agency of the year by country titles. Shortlisted entries include Festive for Burberry by Riff Raff Films London, Superb Owl for Reddit by R/GA New York, Keep It Real Online for Department of Internal Affairs/The New Zealand Government by Motion Sickness Auckland and The Beer Cap Project for Ab Inbev by MullenLowe SSP3 Bogota.
Gbemi Adekanmbi, Founder of Forcreativegirls.com was the Ambassador for this yearâs Nigerian executive jury and had the following to say “Getting immersed in creative work and energy during the Gerety awards process was really beautiful for me. Being on a jury with creative, badass women who have grown brands, built thriving careers & businesses was the highlight of it all.”
Unique in that the sessions are held around the world, with international executive juries of agency and brand leaders, the judging was followed by the hugely successful jury insight panels. The free to watch events were billed asÂ creative awakenings with each panel including some of this year’s judges from the different jury locationsÂ in London, Berlin, Budapest, Milan, Singapore, Lagos, Toronto, Santiago, Los Angeles and Paris.
The 2021 Agency/Production Company of the year by country winners are:
- UK Agency of the Year – MRM London
- U.S. Agency of the Year â McCann New York
- French Production Company of the Year â Quad Group
- Hungarian Agency of the Year â White Rabbit Budapest
- Nigerian Agency of the Year – Publicis Insight
- Canadian Agency of the Year â Taxi Toronto
- Canadian Production Company of the Year â Grayson Music
- Italian Agency of the Year â VMLY&R Italy
*Agency/Production company of the year by country is chosen by the local juries from the portfolio cut and requires a single film no longer than 5 minutes in length that includes up to three pieces of work from the past 12 months.
- Most shortlisted campaign: âNot For Leaseâ for Roncesvalles BIA (Business Improvement Association) by The Local Collective in Canada
- Most shortlisted network: across 17 different offices is McCann Worldgroup
- Most shortlisted country: with 35 entries on the shortlist from 17 different companies is the USA
- Most shortlisted category: across different media is the Works for Good Cut with a total of 47 entries.
- Most shortlisted production company: Biscuit Filmworks Los Angeles
The Grand jury that includes the likes of Kate Stanners, Chairwoman & Global Chief Creative Officer at Saatchi & Saatchi London and Jessica Apellaniz, CCO of Mexico & Latam, Ogilvy Mexico, will now choose the final winners which will be announced Monday, September 6. It will include Gold, Silver, Bronze, Grand Prix, and overall Network and Agency of the year awards.
Refining the current shortlist the grand jury will be creating truly diverse and qualitative winners showcase across multiple creative disciplines that are determined based on scores achieved across the board â regardless of the product advertised or medium submitted. This ensures that only the very best work, that resonates with the worldâs most powerful consumers, is awarded.
See the full shortlist here atÂ www.geretyawards.com
Named for Frances Gerety, the copywriter who in 1948 coined the slogan “A diamond is forever, The Gerety Awards marks the first time that a jury has been brought together to select the best in advertising â all advertising, not just advertising made for women â through the female lens, creating a benchmark that is relevant to the market reality, all while redefining the standard to which advertising has traditionally been held.
Winners Announced: September 6