Nigerian Exchange Limited has implemented the change of name of Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc, a leading Nigerian independent energy company listed on both the Nigerian Exchange and the London Stock Exchange, to Seplat Energy Plc, Brand Spur reports.
This is in line with the approval obtained from the shareholders of the Company at its Annual General Meeting held on 20 May 2021 and the receipt by the Company of a new certificate of incorporation from the Corporate Affairs Commission. However, the Company’s trading symbol remains the same.
Why the change of name?
The company changed its name to Seplat Energy PLC to reflect the evolving strategy around the future direction of the Company.
Seplat Grew Revenue By 16.8% to $152.4M in Q1 2021
- Board adopts quarterly dividend policy; declares Q1 2021 dividend of US2.5 cents per share
- Revenue up 16.8% to $152.4 million
- EBITDA of $77.8 million
- Cash at bank $236.3 million, net debt of $458.1 million
- The successful issue of $650 million 7.75% senior notes to redeem existing $350 million 9.25% senior notes and repay $250 million drawn on $350 million RCF
- Refinanced $100 million Westport RBL facility
- Total capital expenditure of $32.6 million