Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc (GTCO Plc) commemorated the listing of its shares on Nigerian Exchange (NGX) with a Closing Gong Ceremony on Tuesday, 13 July 2021. The event also featured the reveal of the company’s new brand identity to capital market stakeholders and members of the general public.
Speaking at the event, the Chief Executive Officer, NGX, Mr. Temi Popoola, CFA stated,
“We are excited to welcome GTCO Plc and to congratulate the Board and Management on a successful restructuring. Given the recent completion of demutualisation of The Exchange and the emergence of our new structure, we see many similarities between our organisations, particularly our outlook on the use of technology to advance business operations; the burgeoning opportunities in the retail market; and the importance of good governance in the corporate space.
Today, we reiterate our commitment to being a trusted partner to GTCO and other listed companies and issuers as we continue to build a platform that allows our listed companies, investors and other stakeholders to maximise value in our market.”
On his part, the Group Chief Executive Officer, GTCO Plc, Mr. Segun Agbaje, noted that,
“On behalf of the Board and Management of GTBank and the newly formed GTCO, I must thank NGX for its unwavering support in listing GTCO on The Exchange. At GTCO, we are very excited about the opportunities that have opened up to us with this restructuring, particularly because diversifying our income base has always been a major priority.
As we venture into this new phase, we look forward to leveraging technology and introducing new business lines – including payments, asset management and more – that go beyond the needs of institutional or wholesale clients to improve retail clients’ access to the financial markets.”
Also, present on the trading floor of NGX to sound the gong and bring the day’s trading to a close were:
- Mrs. Osaretin Demuren, Outgoing Chairman, GTBank Nigeria;
- Mr. Ibrahim Hassan, Non-Executive Director, GTBank Nigeria;
- Mr. Hezekiah Oyinlola, Non-Executive Director, GTBank Nigeria;
- Mrs. Cathy Echeozo, Former, Executive Director, GTBank Nigeria and Chairperson, NGX Regulation Limited;
- Mrs. Miriam Olusanya, Executive Director, GTBank Nigeria;
- Mr. Babajide Okuntola, Executive Director, GTBank Nigeria;
- Mr. Seyi Osunkeye, Non-Executive Director, NGX Limited;
- Mr. Kamarudeen Kareem Oladosu, Non-Executive Director, NGX Limited;
- Mr. Yomi Adeyemi, Non-Executive Director, NGX Limited and
- Mr. Jude Chiemeka, Divisional Head, Trading Business, NGX Limited.
It would be recalled that GTCO officially listed its shares on NGX on 28 June 2021 following the restructuring of Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) Plc. At the time, the shares of GTB were officially delisted from the market, and GT HoldCo’s entire issued share capital of 29,431,179,224 ordinary shares of 50 kobo each were listed on the bourse.