The Federal Government has announced the inauguration of a 12-member Inter-Ministerial Committee for the 2021 Independence Day Celebration, to plan, organize and execute all approved activities for Nigeria’s 61st Anniversary on October 1st, 2021.
This was disclosed by the Chairman of the Committee and the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha after he inaugurated the Inter-Ministerial Committee in his office on Wednesday and urged the Committee to articulate specific details of the 61st Anniversary celebration and come up with an appropriate theme for it.
What the SGF said
Mustapha said, “As we prepare to articulate specific details of the 61st Anniversary celebration, it is also important that we come up with an appropriate theme that would speak not only to the present situation in the country but most importantly, the positive trajectory that we are all working towards for the greater benefit of all Nigerians.”
He added that the 60th Independence Anniversary was premised on a one-year celebration that spread over the period to end by September 30th, 2021, and revealed that the committee would be implementing some of the activities designed by the sub-committee which included an award night, church service, Jumma’at prayers and National Broadcast and Independence Day Parade.
The 12-member Inter-Ministerial Committee for the year 2021 Independence Day celebration includes:
- Secretary to the Government of the Federation- Chairman
- Minister of Information and Culture- Member
- Minister of Interior- Member
- Minister of FCT- Member
- Minister of Investments, Trade and Industry- Member
- Minister of Health- Member
- Permanent Secretary, Political and Economic Affairs Office Member/ Secretary
- Permanent Secretary, General Services Office – Member (Liaison with Ecumenical Centre)
- Permanent Secretary, State House- Member (Liaison with Abuja National Mosque and House Security)- Member
- Inspector-General of Police (IGP)- Member
- Director-General, Department of State Service – Member
- Commander, Guards Brigade- Member