Lexus crafts luxury experiences inspired by people. Now, it’s drawing inspiration from super heroes with cosmic super powers, too – as the exclusive automotive partner of Marvel Studios’ “Eternals.”
Lexus and Marvel Studios have collaborated to design 10 character-themed concept vehicles, based on all 10 super heroes from the highly anticipated film.
Each otherworldly custom-wrapped “Eternals” automobile is inspired by the unique individual armor design, iconography and super power of each Eternal. In addition, a golden glow emanates from the vehicles’ grilles and underbodies, reflecting the characters’ shared energy signature as seen in the film.
The vehicles will be featured in various events and media extensions, including the red carpet premiere.
“We’re excited to bring the ‘Eternals’ partnership to life through these custom-wrapped Lexus vehicles,” said Vinay Shahani, Lexus vice president of marketing. “Just as each Eternals character has a distinct style and set of capabilities, so does each character-themed Lexus.”
The lineup of custom-wrapped “Eternals” vehicles includes:
- Ajak x Lexus GX: Ajak, played by Salma Hayek, isa powerful, commanding woman. She is paired with one of the most capable SUVs in the land, the GX.
- Druig x Lexus GX: Druig, played by Barry Keoghan, is a bit of a rebel in the movie, with super strength and stamina, making the GX a fitting reflection of his character.
- Gilgamesh x Lexus LX: As the strongest Eternal, Gilgamesh, played by Don Lee, is a kindred spirit to the biggest, most powerful Lexus SUV, the LX.
- Ikaris x Lexus LS: The LS, Lexus’ flagship luxury sedan, is a match with Ikaris, played by Richard Madden, considered the tactical leader of the Eternals.
Lexus Reveals Marvel Studios’ ‘Eternals’ Vehicles
- Kingo x Lexus IS: Kingo, played by Kumail Nanjiani, is paired with the bold, powerful Lexus IS, which he drives in Lexus and Marvel Studios’ “Parking Spot” video.
- Makkari x Lexus RC F Track Edition: The fastest Eternal, Makkari, played by Lauren Ridloff, is the perfect match for the quickest car in the Lexus lineup, the RC F Track Edition.
- Phastos x Lexus LX: The LX is technologically advanced, making it an ideal fit for Phastos, played by Brian Tyree Henry, the technological guru of the team.
- Sersi x Lexus RC F: One of Lexus’ most powerful cars, the RC F, is paired with one of the film’s most powerful characters, Sersi, played by Gemma Chan.
- Sprite x Lexus NX: The NX, a crossover that can do anything, is a perfect complement to the illusion-casting ability of Sprite, played by Lia McHugh.
- Thena x Lexus LC 500: Thena, played by Angelina Jolie, is a natural fit with the sleek and stylish Lexus LC 500.
“After so successfully telling a co-branded story on the original Black Panther film, we’re thrilled to be teaming up with Lexus once again. Combined with our custom spot directed by the Russo Brothers and starring Kumail Nanjiani in-character as Kingo, these Eternals-inspired vehicles show that exciting collaborative storytelling can extend even beyond traditional media,” said Mindy Hamilton, SVP, Global Partnership Marketing at Marvel Studios.
Earlier this month, Lexus and Marvel Studios debuted a long-form video called “Parking Spot,” starring Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo. It was directed by the Russo brothers, who helmed four Marvel Studios’ films including “Avengers: Endgame,” one of the highest grossing films of all time.
In the two-minute piece, Kingo has to solve a very human problem before he can join the epic Super Hero battle happening downtown — finding a safe parking spot for his new Lexus IS 500 F SPORT Performance, the most powerful IS ever, with a 472-horsepower naturally aspirated V8 engine.