Telecommunications group MTN has announced that its chief executive for South Africa, Godfrey Motsa will be stepping down from the role effective 1 January 2022.
Charles Molapisi – currently Group Chief Technology & Information Officer – will take over the position.
Mazen Mroue, currently Chief Operating Officer of MTN Nigeria, will assume the role of Group CTIO effective from 1 February 2022, taking over from Molapisi. Mroue’s successor in MTN Nigeria will be announced in January 2022.
“The changes we are announcing today are about enhancing the structures needed to execute on our Ambition 2025 strategy and delivering on our medium-term guidance,” said MTN Group President and CEO Ralph Mupita.
Molapisi, who joined MTN in 2009, is an experienced executive who has held senior positions within the Group.
These include Group Chief Technology and Information Officer (CTIO) since 2020, CEO of MTN Zambia and Chief Information Officer (CIO) of MTN Nigeria prior to that.
He is also a board member of a number of the companies within the company, including MTN Nigeria.
Motsa will be available until the end of June 2022 to ensure a smooth handover and transition, MTN said.
The full list of executive changes at MTN, effective 1 February 2022, is as follows:
- Ralph Mupita – Group President and Chief Executive Officer
- Tsholofelo Molefe – Group Chief Financial Officer
- Jens Schulte-Bockum – Group Chief Operations Officer
- Mazen Mroue – Group Chief Information and Technology Officer
- Charles Molapisi – MTN South Africa CEO
- Karl Toriola – MTN Nigeria CEO
- Ebenezer Asante – Senior Vice President of Markets
- Yolanda Cuba – Vice President SEA
- Ismail Jaroudi – Vice President MENA
- Serigne Dioum – Group Chief Fintech Officer
- Lele Modise – Group Chief Legal & Regulatory Officer
- Ferdi Moolman – Group Chief Risk Officer
- Nompilo Morafo – Group Chief Sustainability and Corporate Affairs Officer
- Paul Norman – Group Chief Human Resources Officer
- Kholekile Ndamase – Group Chief M&A and Business Development Officer
- Chika Ekeji – Group Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer