Achraf Hakimi has been trending across the world after his wife, Hiba Abouk discovered he owns nothing despite earning millions of Euros as a sportsman in his prime.
Hiba Abouk had requested a divorce and sought to divide all of the footballer’s assets equally, but during the court session, it was revealed that he had nothing in his name.
Hiba was shocked to learn that her 24-year-old husband had placed all of his assets and funds in his mother’s name and that he frequently asked her to purchase items for him.
However, here are five things to know about Hakimi and Abouk amid rape charges and the divorce scandal.
All You Need to Know About Achraf Hakimi, Hiba Abouk Amid Rape Scandal
1. Hakimi is 12 years younger than his Tunisian wife, Abouk, who is 36 years old.
2. In March this year, Abouk labelled her marriage to Hakimi ‘a failed project’, while revealing that the reason behind her desire to divorce the Morocco international is because their marriage was practically done.
3. Hakimi and Abouk have two children- Amín, 3 and Naim, 1.
4. The pair married in 2020, two years after meeting in 2018.
5. Hakimi’s imminent divorce with Abouk means that his marriage only lasted for three years. The PSG defender is set to record one of the shortest marriages in football history.