- Cosplay competition with the largest ever cosplay prize pool (over $25,000) in Singapore; first prize comprises $1,000 cash and a trip to Japan for two worth over $8,000
- Featuring J-Pop artistes such as Daimon Yayoi, Yuka Takada, Nine Universe SARAH, Akko Gorilla and famous Japanese cosplayers such as Nanase Meron and Zumi performing and cosplaying for the first time in Singapore
- Food stalls by Don Don Donki, game stalls helmed by guest artistes and never done before stage shows and performances that brings Japanese culture to Singapore
SINGAPORE – Media OutReach – 12 September 2023 – Far East Organization has partnered with Travel Curators, a leading travel technology and event management company, to introduce the first ever World X Fest 2023 Japan Edition in Singapore. Spanning three days from 29 September to 1 October 2023 at one of the Far East Malls, Clarke Quay Central, the event aspires to unite individuals in celebrating global cultures, traditions and artisanal crafts. The debut of World X Fest 2023 Japan Edition shines a spotlight on Japan, blending modern J-Pop flair with the timeless charm of traditional Japanese summer festivals (matsuri).
Founder of Travel Curators, Mr Teo Tianyi said, “We are excited to be given this opportunity to work with Far East Organization and the Singapore River Festival to create an exciting new event. We hope that World X Fest will grow to become a calendar event that everyone can look forward to in years to come.”
World X Fest 2023 Japan Edition marks the first time a matsuri celebrating Japanese gastronomy, anime and pop music is held at the annual Singapore River Festival. The festivities started on 7 September will end on 1 October 2023. The Singapore River Festival is organised by Singapore River One with BytePlus as the presenting sponsor.
For high-resolution images, please download them via this link.
Annex A: List of confirmed guest artistes at World X Fest 2023 – Japan Edition
(For upcoming guest announcements, refer to IG page: https://www.instagram.com/world_x_fest/)
Annex C: Tora-Q Mascot Gijinka Cosplay Competition Details
Be creative and come up with your very own gijinka interpretation of our Tora-Q mascot. Tora-Q is an original mascot inspired by Japanese stone jizo (guardian of travellers) and a fictitious animal that is a cross between shiba-inu and neko. So as far as possible, please consider the following Tora-Q’s signature features in your cosplay design:
– Predominantly red and stone-grey colors
– Dark red bib
– Neko-mimi (cat ears)
Date: 30 September 2023
Time: TBC (actual time of event on stage, reporting time to be given upon shortlisting)
Location: World X Stage @ CQC Atrium
1st: 10D8N Special pop culture themed trip to Tokyo for 2 (worth more than S$8,000) + S$1,000 cash
2nd: 10D8N Special pop culture themed trip to Tokyo for 2 (worth more than S$8,000) + S$500 cash
3rd: 10D8N Special pop culture themed trip to Tokyo for 2 (worth more than S$8,000)
Participants will be judged on an overall 1-100 point scale comprising:
– Accuracy (decided by panel of judges from organizer and key sponsors)
– Creativity (decided by panel of judges from organizer and key sponsors)
– Popularity (decided by number of likes on WXF23JP’s social media)
Terms and Conditions:
1) This competition is for individuals; team submissions are not allowed.
2) Photos of the actual cosplay submitted as part of this application will be posted on WXF2023JP’s social media, and number of “likes” will be tabulated to determine Popularity points
3) A panel of judges from the organiser and key sponsors will shortlist participants from eligible entries to showcase their gijinka cosplay attire on World X Stage on 30 September 2023.
4) Shortlisted participants will be notified via email or telephone on 25 September 2023. No correspondence will be entertained about the judges’ decision.
5) Participants’ outfits must not be obscene or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulation.
6) The organiser reserves the right to disqualify all entries that do not meet the rules and regulations, and to add, vary, delete or add on any terms and conditions at its absolute discretion without prior notice.
7) The organiser reserves the right to withdraw, discontinue or terminate the competition at any time at its absolute discretion, without notice or liability to any person.
8) In the case of dispute, the judges’ decision is final.
9) Participants shall give consent to having their likeness taken in video or photo and that it may be used or published for promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to you.
10) Winners of the top 3 prizes will be given a free trip for 2 (twin room sharing) on Dynasty Travel’s 10D8N Special pop culture themed group tour to Tokyo. Details of the trip can be found here:
11) The dates for Dynasty Travel’s 10D8N Special pop culture themed group tour to Tokyo are fixed and departs only from Singapore. Amendments to the tour (changing trip dates or departure airport or itinerary) is not allowed.
Registration closes on 25th September 2023 at 2359 SGT or earlier, subject to the organiser’s discretion.
* WXF2023JP reserves the right to revise the contents of this form at any time without prior notice.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
About Travel Curators
Travel Curators is an award-winning travel technology and events management company that had its early beginnings as a mobile app targeted at affluent travelers looking for bespoke travel services in Japan. In 2022, the company expanded its business operations in Singapore with an acquisition of Dynasty Travel from JTB Group, and also launched its World X branded series of events to promote unique cultures and inspiring people from around the world.
About Dynasty Travel
Founded in 1978, Dynasty Travel is Asia’s leading luxury travel company with an extensive track record of travel curation and customer service excellence. From backwater towns to verdant jungles and sand-whipped desert lands, Dynasty Travel has always been a trailblazer in the industry, introducing new destinations and unique experiences for discerning global travelers looking for something that is not easily found at the click of a mouse. Following a rebranding initiative in 2022, Dynasty Travel has been transformed into a travel company that is driven by a new mission to help its clients “travel well, learn more and do good”.
About Clarke Quay Central
Clarke Quay Central is a shopping, dining & entertainment hotspot with a picturesque view of the historic Singapore River. The mall spreads across 5 floors with each level showcasing an array of eclectic retail shops and beauty services, and a wide range of gastronomical delights from authentic Japanese cuisines, Chinese specialties to Western fare. Clarke Quay Central is strategically located within the Central Business District and sits atop the Clarke Quay MRT station.
About Far East Organization
Far East Organization is the largest private property developer in Singapore, with a growing reputation for building innovative and functional spaces and providing enriching experiences and value for its customers. Since its establishment in 1960, Far East Organization has been contributing to the transformation of Singapore’s urban landscape with over 780 developments in the residential, hospitality, retail, commercial, healthcare and industrial space segments. It has a sizeable retail portfolio comprising more than 45 wholly-owned and strata-titled establishments with over 3,500 units totalling 2 million square feet of net lettable area; each reaching out to different shopper segments catering to different needs.
About Singapore River One
Singapore River One (SRO) is a private sector-led partnership charged with the day-to-day management, maintenance, enhancement and marketing of the Singapore River. SRO is the first pilot Business Improvement District (BID) and is a not-for-profit company with a singular focus on leveraging public and private investments, increasing footfall, and enhancing property values within the Singapore River precinct.
SRO is responsible for the place management of the entire Singapore River precinct – including Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Robertson Quay. It is the intent of SRO that the river be managed as one precinct – one destination – with specialized programs and service delivery methods utilized in each quay as needed, and as directed by a 4-year business plan. New partnership initiative will leverage and pool resources from a variety of public and private sector sources; it will have the involvement and participation of both public and private sector stakeholders, and it will be empowered with the role of implementing the business plan place managing the Singapore River precinct.