One of the world’s largest providers of family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and safe abortion products and services provider, DKT International is pleased to share its health impact calculations, CYP results, and granular sales and service data for 2017.
In 2017, DKT’s efforts prevented an estimated 7.6 million pregnancies and 4.6 million unsafe abortions. In addition, DKT averted approximately 14,600 maternal deaths. This information was made available freely on its website in the spirit of transparency, Brand Spur Nigeria reports.
DKT International is a registered, non-profit organization founded in 1989 to focus the power of social marketing on some of the largest countries with the greatest needs for family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention and safe abortion. By doing so, DKT has achieved tremendous health impact and done it cost-efficiently. Although we work mostly in the private sector, we also support the public sector, often partnering with government health facilities to reach the total market.
- 3.6 million IUDs
- 28 million injectable contraceptives
- 16 million misoprostol tablets
- 2.5 million mifepristone/misoprostol combi-packs
- 96 million oral contraceptives
- 7.9 million emergency contraceptives
- 152,000 manual vacuum aspirators
- 433,000 cannuale for MVA kits
- 666 million condoms
- 230,000 contraceptive implants