The Sterling Bank Internship Programme offers highly motivated individuals opportunity to gain industry experience, test drives a career in financial services and be exposed to the great stuff we do at Sterling Bank.
The internship program allows you to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the Bank while you also improve your skills in a diverse environment.
It is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. We have had great feedback from past interns who generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. It is a way to enhance your professional profile with practical work experience.
The Summer Associate program is open to students currently working towards an advanced degree such as an MBA, M.Sc. or LLM or any other Master’s degree. While their discipline or major are not important, we do expect a level of knowledge of the industry and marketplace.
Applicants must be between 18 – 30 years of age.
This is a twelve-week program designed to give participants an opportunity to broaden their knowledge and develop a solid foundation in the Banking sector through a variety of disciplines: customer research, quantitative analysis, strategy, project management, product analysis & design and broader market insights. The program is characterized with placement on a specialized project team where you will work with other Summer Associates to think, design and execute the next BIG thing!
Successful Summer Associates may be invited back to join our Management Trainee program in a full-time position.
On The Job
You will work with a project team of typically 5 – 7 members, playing an active role in all aspects of customer research, quantitative analysis, strategy, project management, product analysis & design and broader market insights. You will contribute to solving real-world business challenges with your own day-to-day responsibilities. Regardless of what you do, you will have the opportunity to work with internal and external clients as required.
Your training experience will begin with a three-day orientation focused on getting you acquainted to the company, our culture, division-specific training designed to help you develop the essential knowledge and skills needed to succeed on your business projects. The curriculum includes basic product knowledge, business-specific overviews, technical and professional skills training and career development.
• Applications for the Young Talent, Women in Banking and Tech-Talent Internship are open all year round and as advertised
• Applications for the Summer Associate Internship opens May every year and runs from July to September
• All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period
• Applicants are required to provide a letter of recommendation from their course adviser, head lecturer or professor
• The standard duration of the internship is 6 months, but in cases of internship extension – a maximum of 3 months can be offered
• Selection is based on performance, availability for a minimum period of 3 months and subject to manpower needs
• Multiple applications will lead to automatic disqualification
• Internships are not open to Corps members
Stage 1 – Online application
Stage 2 – Online Test
Stage 3 – Phone and Video Interview
Stage 4 – Final Interview
Stage 4 – Orientation
Stage 5 – Make Magic Happen!