Pursuant to the Debt Management Office (Establishment) Act 2003 and the Local Loans (Registered Stock and Securities) Act, CAP. L17, LFN 2004 Debt Management Office (DMO) on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria Offers for Subscription and is authorized to receive applications for the Federal Government of Nigeria Savings Bond at the following interest rates.
- 2-Year FGN Savings Bond due September 11, 2021: 11.150% per annum
- 3-Year FGN Savings Bond due September 11, 2022: 12.150% per annum
Opening Date: September 2, 2019
Closing Date: September 6, 2019
Settlement Date: September 11, 2019
Coupon Payment Dates: December 11, March 11, June 11, September 11
Summary of the Offer
Federal Government of Nigeria (“FGN”)
Units of Sale
N1,000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N5,000 and in mul4iples of N1,000 thereafter, subject to a maximum subscription of N50,000,000.
Interest Payment – Payable Quarterly
Redemption – Bullet repayment on the maturity date
- Qualifies as securities in which trustees can invest under the Trustee Investment Act.
- Qualifies as Government securities within the meaning of Company Income Tax Act (“CITA”) and Personal Income Tax Act (“PITA”) for Tax Exemption for Pension Funds, amongst other investors.
- Listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Qualifies as a liquid asset for liquidity ratio calculation for banks.
Backed by the full faith and credit of the Federal Government of Nigeria and charged upon the general assets of Nigeria.
Interested investors should contact the stockbroking firms appointed as distribution agents by the debt management office.