The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has unveiled detailed, but stress-free ways to obtain drivers’ licence at its offices across the country.
The process was made known to the public as part of its efforts to educate motorists and road users on how to get the vital item used first to show authorisation to drive a vehicle in the country and also as a means of identification.
In a post on its Facebook page on Friday, the road agency said the first step in obtaining the drivers’ licence is to obtain and complete Form MVA 11 from Motor Licencing Authority (MLA).
Below is the step-by-step process.
- Obtain and complete Form MVA 11 from Motor Licencing Authority (MLA).
- Attend driving test with the appropriate authority for desired category of driver’s licence 11 Form
- If successful, a certificate would be issued indicating the class of licence qualified for
- Pay the prescribed fee to the Motor Licencing Authority (MLA).
- MLA sends the Form to FRSC (IPC) for processing
- Driver applicant proceeds to FRSC Information Processing Centre (IPC) for physical capture of photograph, finger print and signature.
- Processed licence is sent to MLA for distribution to successful applicants
- An experienced driver may in addition obtain trade test certificate Issues (3), (2) and (1) from the ministry of labour and productivity.
- The minimum age for driving is 18 years
- The terminal age for driving is 70 years
Note: Changing category of drivers’ licence requires a new test