More often than not, you spend at least 40 hours at work negotiating looming deadlines and hectic schedules right? But what about your health? How do you take care of it?
Without a doubt, staying healthy benefits you in many ways. You will have fewer missed workdays, more productivity, less stress and so on.
Here are 5 simple tips for staying healthy at work:
- Eat a Nutritious Breakfast: Do not start your day with junks! Eat a healthy breakfast, it replenishes your supply of glucose and provides other essential nutrients to keep your energy levels up throughout the day.
- Drink a Lot of Water: We can never overemphasize the need to drink a lot of water daily. Staying well-hydrated is vital to your productivity, energy levels, and overall wellbeing. Ensure you always have a bottle of water on your workspace.
- Exercise at Work: During break time, you can take a walk with a work buddy, use the stairs instead of the elevator, stand up and do stretches.
- Wash your Hands Regularly: Washing your hands well and often is the best way to keep you from getting sick. Ensure you always wash your hands before you eat, after using the restroom, and after coughing or sneezing.
- Maintain a Good Posture: Most times at work, you are glued to your computer and unconsciously stretch your neck which puts pressure on the neck and the spine. Ensure you stretch your body at intervals.