With the outbreak of Coronavirus, Safeguarding our immune system and ramping up our personal hygiene has never been more important.
One of the best ways to ensure we stay safe and protected is by washing our hands with hand wash or a hand sanitizer that contains alcohol. Our hands should be washed before eating; after touching used tissues; after coming in from crowded areas or pretty much anytime we’ve been or will be in contact with our mucus membranes, which are our eyes, mouth, and inside the nose.
Besides handwashing here are other things you can do to stay healthy.
- Sneeze and cough into tissues and dispose of them properly after use.
- If you get snot or spit on your skin, clean it off right away.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, especially people exhibiting respiratory symptoms and fever.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Regularly and thoroughly clean surfaces, such as countertops and doorknobs, with a disinfectant.