Seven successful startups have been selected by Ventures Platform and Lagos State Science and Research and Innovation Council (LASRIC) to participate in the #
The seven were chosen from 500+ applicants who submitted applications over 6 days. Ventures Platform, and its judging panel that comprised of members of the VP team, representatives of the Nigerian Center for medical practitioners, selected the top 33 projects and startups to move to the next stage. Due to the urgency of the COVID-19 pandemic, the top 33 were emailed to submit a video pitch and 15 projects were selected to pitch virtually to a panel of seasoned judges rather than in-person pitch. The final seven are:
- Wale Adeosun – Wellvis Health offers solutions that promote primary care; by improving the health of the public through continuous access to personalized health information.
- Joel Ogunsola – Prunedge a technology company that develops innovative solutions to improve the efficiency of processes, the livelihood of people and aid decision making within organizations.
- Nestor Inimgba – Infodemics uses existing social hierarchies in a community to efficiently and effectively communicate health risks.
- Ikpeme Neto – Wellahealth a digital triage bot that provides guidance based on Nigeria Centre for Disease Control guidelines and logs responses for follow up by public health as needed.
- Mayowa Ayodeji – MyServiceAgent an AI-powered intelligent IVR system that can communicate with 100s to 1000s of callers simultaneously and intelligently and disseminate correct information from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control as well as pass on the data to the NCDC to act on swiftly.
- Okorie Tochukwu – Innover Technologies is committed to using technology to solve problems. Their solution for the project is named COVID-19 Nigeria.
- Abiri Oluwatosin Niyi – Cmapit Analytics a GIS and Data Visualization software that helps to analyze geospatial data and its variables and also visualize it; data variables concerning the coronavirus outbreak and how it can be tracked & visualized so that predictions are accurate.