Ekiti State puts a round peg in a round hole as it appointed Dr. Olabode Adetoyi as Commissioner of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Prior to this time, Dr Adetoyi has pooled an extraordinary wealth of experiences that stand him tall for this position, with adversity and unlimited understandings of the corporate world, this which fetch him a mark among the breeds in Nigeria and scoring him an ambassadorial portfolio. Here is the wooing portfolio of the amazing newly appointed commissioner.
- Born on February 2, 1969, to the royal family of Ile-Titun in Otun Ekiti, and like most children from his homestead.
- Olabode had a great beginning in life and his brilliance set an unwavering pace for him in the country and abroad.
- Olabode had his primary and secondary education in Ekiti State.
- Bagged a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture (B. Agric Hons) with specialization in Animal Production in University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Had M.Sc Hons in Animal Science in the prestigious University of Ibadan.
- Had an executive training in the Harvard Business School Boston USA where he bagged another degree in Senior Management.
- As if it wasn’t enough, he had another training in Grooming Enterprise Leader (GEL) at Pan Atlantic University (Lagos Business School, Nigeria).
- He was then awarded a meritorious Honorary Doctorate degree in Business Management and Entrepreneurship by American-European University.
- Decorated with an MBA (Hons) with specialization in Marketing at Lagos State University.
•Attended another programme at Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School) to complete a course in Senior Management Program in 2019.
EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
- As a registered Animal Scientist of the Nigeria Institute of Animal Science, the professional body that regulates the practice of Animal science in Nigeria.
- He is currently the Chairman of Poultry Association of Nigeria, South-West zone and National Vice President of the same, he’s also a Fellow in Fisheries Society of Nigeria.
- Dr. Olabode Adetoyi is a member of the Economic Summit Group; NACCIMA; Lagos Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture and Manufacturer Association of Nigeria (MAN).
- He is also a Chartered Marketer of National Institute of Marketing of Nigeria (NIMN) and Alumni of the prestigious Pan Atlantic University (Lagos Business School).
- Aside from flourishing in the academic world, Dr. Olabode Adetoyi is also not a novice in human management, he currently holds a Vice President position in Association of Feeds Producers in Nigeria. He is also the current Vice-Chairman of Nigerian National Feeds Association (The Nigeria Branch of AFMA Switzerland).
- Hi Nutrients is one of the leading firms in the country. Hi -Nutrients international Limited started from a humble beginning in 2004 and has risen to the limelight to become the industry leader in premixes manufacturing, sales and marketing to Livestock and Food industries in Nigeria.
- Hi-Nutrients International Limited customizes, manufactures and supplies Vitamin and Mineral Premixes to the Livestock Industries, most especially to Poultry, Aquaculture and Cattle Farms in Nigeria and some ECOWAS countries. The company also distributes high-quality feed additives, amino acids, fish products and veterinary medicaments to reputable companies overseas and also services major foods companies in Nigeria.
- The company has also gained international recognition after it merged with a leading firm, Neovia, in the USA in 2019.
- This recouped his company to be indexed the 41st fastest growing and well-managed company. as rated by AllWorld Network USA chaired by Prof. Michael E. Porter (Harvard Business School) and Mr. Tony Elumelu (Chairman Tony Elumelu Foundation) on 21st March 2013.
AWARDS AND LAURELS
- Dr. Olabode Adetoyi is a recipient of an Award of Captain of Industry by Nigeria Society of Animal production in conjunction with Babcock University, Ilishan–Remo Ogun State on 17th March 2014.
- Dr. Olabode Adetoyi has since received more than 52 different awards, both national and international, for his various contributions in the field of Agriculture, Business and Humanity.
- Currently, Dr. Olabode Adetoyi holds the position as the 1st Vice Chairman, Board of Trustees, Ekiti Youth in Commercial Agriculture and Board member, Fountain Holdings Ltd (An investment arm of Ekiti State).
- A recipient of Ekiti State Agriculturist Man of the Year 2019 in recognition of his love and investment in the field of Agribusiness Dr Olabode Adetoyi is a Technical committee member, Standard Organization of Nigeria SON, (a body responsible for writing and formulating a standard for livestock feeds, additives and premixes in Nigeria.
- He is a Fellow, Postgraduate College of Animal Science in Nigeria, Fellow Fisheries Society of Nigeria and Fellow, Institute of Agribusiness Management of Nigeria,
With a reckoning and tremendous laurels, receiving encomium home and abroad, Dr. Olabode Adetoyi is a fellow Institute of Corporate Governance of Nigeria, Councilmember, International Expert Consultant UK, member, International Feeds Regulators, Switzerland, Grand Patron, Federation of Otun Moba Students Union, Visiting lecturer, Lagos Business School, Lagos. A celebrated author, Adetoyi’s Autobiography; ’The Entrepreneur’ was nominated among Top 20 books in 2019 by Channels TV book club.
Least to say that Olabode is a man most qualified for this job, little wonder he wasn’t allowed to even finish reading his curriculum vitae before the Ekiti State House of Assembly besieged him to take a bow and leave during the screening.
This is the kind of appointment that needs to be done in the country for progressiveness. Kudos to Governor Kayode Fayemi for making this impressive appointment.
A man of many paths, we can’t wait to have a glimpse of his years of experience in agribusiness on the agricultural landscape of Ekiti State as Nigeria moves towards achieving the SDG goal of eradicating hunger and creating a parallel environment for all and sundry.