In the latest of a string of financial services innovations at the Shoprite Group, customers will now be able to replace FNB Easy account bank cards in Shoprite and Checkers supermarkets across the country.
– Jean Olivier, General Manager: Financial Services for the Shoprite Group
- With this offering, FNB Easy account holders can now replace their lost or stolen bank cards at their nearest Shoprite and Checkers and pay just R59.95 for the card replacement.
- Shoprite recently launched its new Money Market Account, a free transactional account to give customers more ways to save, send or spend their money.
- Standard Bank’s Instant Money™ account holders can withdraw money at any Shoprite or Checkers till point, while Capitec account holders can send cash to an unbanked individual for collection at any Shoprite, Checkers or Usave.
- In a South African first, the retailer introduced dynamic QR payments earlier this year, enabling customers to pay for groceries with their phones at any Shoprite, Checkers, Checkers Hyper or Usave.
- Capitec, Nedbank and FNB have all recently added QR payments to their banking apps, and this payment method is quickly becoming a common way of transacting.