In order to increase the adoption of Telegram by users of WhatsApp. Telegram has made a move that enables people to feel more comfortable in migrating digitally from WhatsApp to Telegram.
Telegram is introducing the ability to import your chat history including videos and documents from other apps including WhatsApp. This means that you get to retain past conversations from your Whatsapp if you feel uncomfortable using WhatsApp.
You can import your chats as long as you have an account on both WhatsApp and Telegram. The feature is available on both Android and IOS.
This move by Telegram reduces the cost of switching from WhatsApp to Telegram thereby eradicating one of the barriers that users can face.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Head to the chat and click the contact or group name at the top to open the Group/ Contact Info screen.
- Click on Export Chat.
- Now, select Telegram and click Import when prompted.
- Launch WhatsApp on your Android phone.
- Open the chat and click the three-dot menu at the top right corner.
- Click on More and select Export Chat.
- Tap Include Media if you want to add images, videos, and other files.
- In the share sheet, tap on Telegram.
- Now, select the Telegram chat or contact where you want to copy your WhatsApp chats.
Also, any messages imported into chats have a small “Imported” label on them noting when they were originally sent, and when they were brought into Telegram, and messages are visible to all chat participants.
For more updates and information on the WhatsApp and Telegram battle for customers, kindly follow Brand Spur for updates on news about the brands.