The World Federation of Exchanges (The WFE), the global industry group for exchanges and Central Counterparty Clearing Houses (CCPs), today published its inaugural annual Women Leaders List. Notable among the selected women leaders is the Executive Director, Regulation, The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), Ms. Tinuade Awe.
Her story was published in the March 2021 edition of The WFE’s Focus Magazine accessible via https://focus.world-exchanges.org/articles/women-leaders-awe.
The WFE’s Women Leaders initiative aims to shine the spotlight on some of the talented and gifted women in our industry. The industry initiative drew almost 60 nominations from every corner of the world as the WFE’s global membership put forward their talented existing, and future, leaders.
From the total pool of nominations, 21 women were awarded a place on the list in a very competitive process run by 9 distinguished judges.
Nandini Sukumar, Chief Executive Officer of the WFE said:
“This year, the list reads like the stories of many of our leaders who are on the frontline of the market infrastructure’s response to the pandemic.
The challenges of the past year have been extraordinary, but their determination to keep the system robust and resilient, while ensuring the safety of their staff should make us all believe again in the power and potential of regulated, public markets as we collectively seek to form the world that will emerge from the lessons of this crisis.”
Recognised alongside Ms. Awe are:
- Beatriz Alonso – Head of BME Exchange, BME Spanish Exchanges;
- Bethany Netzel – Managing Director, Global Head of Business Continuity and Security, CME Group;
- Bonnie Chan – Head of Listing, HKEX; Edith Lee – Managing Director & CEO, Taipei Exchange;
- Gay Huey Evans – Chairman, London Metal Exchange;
- Heba Serafi – Assistant Chairman and Head of Disclosure Sector, The Egyptian Exchange;
- Helen Lofthouse – Executive General Manager, Derivatives & OTC Markets, ASX Ltd;
- Jill Griebenow – Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer, Cboe;
- Keisha Bell – Head of Diverse Talent Management and Advancement, The DTCC; Leila Fourie – Group Chief Executive Officer, Johannesburg Stock Exchange;
- Lynn Martin – President, Fixed Income & Data Services, Intercontinental Exchange; Maha Mohammed Albesher – Chief Human Resources Officer, Tadawul;
- Marion Leslie – Head Financial Information, SIX Group; Mary Stephen Mniwasa – Chief Legal Counsel & Board Secretary, Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange;
- Natalya Khoroshevskaya – Deputy Chairwoman, Kazakhstan Stock Exchange;
- Paula Redondo Pereira – Head of Regulatory Affairs, Luxembourg Stock Exchange;
- Priya Subbaraman – Chief Regulatory Officer, National Stock Exchange of India;
- Rasha Dayyat – Director of Planning and Institutional Development, Amman Stock Exchange;
- Tinku Gupta – Senior Managing Director, Chief Technology Officer, SGX; and
- Yan Sha – President & CEO, Shenzhen Stock Exchange.