Lafarge Africa Plc, a leading Sub-Saharan Africa building materials company is a subsidiary of LafargeHolcim announced Strong Net Income Growth in Q1 2021 Result.
- Prioritisation of Health, Safety and Environment measures for all stakeholders
- Net Sales up 12.2% vs PY with over-proportionate growth in recurring EBIT up 24.2% vs PY
- Strengthened Balance Sheet with a net cash position of N22.4bn vs N3.6bn end 2020
Group Q1 2021
Khaled El Dokani, CEO of Lafarge Africa, commented:
“Our Q1 2021 performance was resilient, with net sales of +12.2%, recurring EBIT of +24.2% and net income of +13.3%, compared to the previous year. The implementation of our “HEALTH, COST & CASH” action plan continued to deliver results in Q1 2021”.
- Good demand momentum expected in Q2 2021.
- We will continue to maximise volume opportunities in our core markets and drive our “HEALTH, COST & CASH” action plan to manage costs.
- We will strengthen our efforts in the area of Sustainability.