The sixth season of Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) tagged Shine Ya Eye, premiered Saturday night with 11 male housemates unveiled by show’s host Ebuka Obi-Uchendu.
The first set of housemates – Boma, Saga, Yousef, Pere, Whitemoney, Niyi, Yerins, Jaypaul, Emmanuel Sammie and Cross – gave off a fun, bold, unique and energetic vibe, which will keep the viewers glued to their screens over the next 72 days.
Meet the ‘Shine Ya Eye’ Male housemates:
- Boma: This housemate shows off his modeling skills on stage. He mentioned he has been modeling for 10yrs and he takes modeling opportunities as it comes.
- Saga: He is 28-years-old but in his head he considers himself a 21-years-old. He mentioned he’s a free spirit, as well as young and fun. He also mentioned he’s an engineer but he would love to go into the industry as he has a passion for art and other creative things.
- Yousef: He loves looking good for the camera. He’s very confident and he’s from J-Town. He is looking to bring some fun, sexiness and entertainment to the show. He’s also single and ready to mingle! And looking for a soul mate. He also mentioned he’s a teacher in electrical technology.
- Pere: The 36-year-old is not here to sing ‘kumbaya’, he prefers ‘gbas gbos’. Apart from the fact he loves drama, he considers himself an actor.
- Whitemoney: He’s from Enugu and he plans on bringing fun and ginger to the house. He loves to entertain people around him with his talents. He also mentioned he dislikes dirty people. He might be known in the house for saying ‘who dey breathe’ constantly.
- Niyi: He loves to make people happy and comfortable. For the viewers who have their eyes set on Niyi, he is very much married with a kid. He also owns a business in South Africa.
- Yerins: He’s a medical doctor. People think he’s introverted but he’s the complete opposite. To sum up his personality, he’s creative, dramatic and plain crazy. He’s curious to see what parts of him come out in the house.
- JayPaul: He is a 29-year-old from Calabar. He considers himself a social butterfly and a ‘complete’ entertainer due to his acting, singing and TV presenter experience as well as the tourism company he owns. Jay Paul mentioned people assume he’s a playboy due to his hairstyle. He dislikes people who can’t stay true to themselves. He also plans to entertain us from beginning to end.
- Emmanuel: The 24-year-old is from Akwa Ibom state. He loves modeling, fashion, reading and exploring new culture. He’s also very competitive. He mentioned he has “the mind of a hustler and the heart of a king”.
- Sammie: He’s from the north, Kaduna state. He has no strategy but he has a goal, which is not to leave the BBNaija house too soon. He mentioned his personality is a ‘Vibe’ itself and he came to the house to enjoy himself.
- Cross: He is a party animal. He loves clubbing four days a week! Thursday till Sunday. He also mentioned he loves to work out, do yoga, and craves drama.
BBNaija Shine Ya Eye Edition Kicks Off
Brand Spur Nigeria understands that the organizers of BBNaija, MultiChoice Nigeria, had earlier revealed that this season would feature two launch shows this weekend. The female housemates will be revealed at the second launch show on Sunday, 25 July.
During the course of the show, fast-rising Nigeria rapper, Ladipoe performed his chart topping single, “Feeling” much to the delight of the viewers at home.
The winner of the BBNaija season 6 edition will walk away with a whopping 90 million Naira worth of prizes, which includes a cash prize of N30m, cash in Abeg digital wallet, bitcoins courtesy of Patricia, a two-bedroom apartment courtesy of RevolutionPlus Property, and a top of the range SUV from Nigeria’s automaker, Innoson Motors and a trip for two packaged by Travelbeta. This is the biggest reward for any reality TV show on the continent. BBNaija season 6 promises to surpass previous seasons with more exciting personalities and engaging activities.
BBNaija season 6 airs 24/7 on DStv channel 198 and GOtv Max and Jolli on channel 29. Subscribe or reconnect now on DStv via www.dstvafrica.com or get GOtv Max or Jolli on www.gotvafrica.com. Also, you can download the MyDStv and MyGOtv apps for more self-service options. With the DStv Explora, you can pause, rewind or record thrilling BBNaija moments. And while you’re on the move, stream the show on the DStv App which is free for download on the Apple and Google Play store and can be used on up to 5 devices.
Abeg is the headline sponsor of Big Brother Naija season 6, and the associate sponsor is Patricia. To find out more about this and other information on the sixth season, visit www.africamagic.tv/bigbrothernaija. You can also follow the official Big Brother Naija social media pages for news and updates with the hashtag #BBNaija on Instagram @bigbronaija and Facebook www.facebook.com/bigbrothernaija as well as all verified social media pages of DStv Nigeria, GOtv Nigeria and Africa Magic.