Going to a new place abroad to acquire a higher education can be an intimidating experience for many students, especially for fresh school pass-outs. But, pursuing undergraduate programs in Canada will assuredly be a rewarding experience. With several renowned universities, Canada is one of the best destinations to study abroad.
If you’re wondering what your life will be like as an international student in Canada, you would love to know that you will have a great student life in the land of the maple leaf. There are various Canadian universities out there to choose from, and it is crucial to pick the one that promises you holistic development. Now let’s see what attending a Canadian university will be like and the entry requirements to get into the top undergraduate schools here.
Entry requirements to study undergraduate in Canada
If you’re planning to take up an undergraduate program in Canada, make sure you have what it needs to attend a Canadian university. Read on to explore prerequisites for an undergraduate course in Canada.
- You need to complete the secondary school academic program with flying colors. Please note that the school you graduated from must be equivalent to a Canadian secondary school.
- If you have passed out from British Columbia secondary school or equivalent, you must have an overall average of C in Grade 12 diploma.
- While researching Canadian universities, you might be aware of the fact that the medium of instruction in most of the universities is English. So, you must possess proof of strong proficiency in the English language.
- To prove your English language proficiency, you must have an IELTS score of 6/6.5. However, the IELTS score requirement generally depends upon the course and institution.
- You must be 21 or older.
How can you enroll in an undergraduate program in Canada?
Applying for an undergraduate program in Canadian universities is not a daunting task. All you require to follow these steps:
- Go to the website of the university you’re interested in attending.
- Open the application portal on the university’s website.
- Select the undergraduate program you want to pursue and your preferred intake date.
- Fill out the online application form correctly on the website.
- Following completing the application form, submit it.
- Wait for the response from the recruitment advisor.
- The recruitment advisor will walk you through all the queries and the admissions process.
Are Canadian universities good in terms of cost?
This may surprise you, but universities in Canada are pocket-friendly. You can apply for scholarships or student loan programs to pay for Canadian universities. In fact, you can use your personal savings to study in Canada as you just need to spend around CAD 73,080 on tuition fees for a four-year length bachelor’s program.
Earning an undergraduate degree from a Canadian university is a better return on investment. Browse now to make a sound decision!