The Lagos state government has confirmed a third case of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the state.
Akin Abayomi, the state’s commissioner of health, disclosed this at a press conference, on Tuesday.
This development comes days after the state government confirmed that the second case was now free of the virus.
The patient is said to be an independent case not connected with the index case.
The carrier, a 30-year-old Nigerian female who returned from the United Kingdom on Friday, 13 March 2020, observed self-isolation, developed symptoms and has been tested positive. She is now receiving care at Mainland General Hospital.
Third case of #COVID19NIGERIA confirmed in Lagos.
– This is a new case independent of the index case
– 30 year old Nigerian, female
– Returned from the UK on 13th March
– Observed self-Isolation, developed symptoms
– Tested positive
– Now at Mainland GH receiving care pic.twitter.com/f8osZk4Ba4
— LSMOH (@LSMOH) March 17, 2020