Equities market close flat for 2 consecutive trading session as ASI advanced marginally by 3bps to close at 28,665.82. Market capitalization gained N297. 31 million to settle at N14.98 trillion while the Year to Date performance inches up to 6.83%.
The sectoral performance was significantly bearish as 4 out of the 5 sectors under coverage closed negative. Insurance and banking indices waned by 1.17% and 1.02% due to selloffs in REGALINS (8.3%) and GUARANTY (-1.3%) while Oil & gas and industrial indices declined by 0.89% and 0.17% due to negative sentiments in the shares of MOBIL (-4.60%) and JBERGER (2.66%).
Conversely, Consumer goods index advanced by 1.86% on the back of bargain hunting in INTBREW (9.90%).
The bond market traded on a mixed note with negative sentiment across short and long-dated maturities as yield advanced by 0.08% and 0.57% respective. Positive sentiment was however witnessed on mid-dated maturities as average yield compressed by 0.23%.
- Equities Market Remain flat amid nationwide unrest.ASI inches up by 3 bps
- Bond Market reverse uptrend…yield compressed across short and long-dated maturities
- U.S. Stocks Advance on Bets for Aid-Package Deal
- Oil Slides With OPEC+ Warning of Precarious Market Outlook
- Naira weakens against USD across different windows